PDQ Door Marks Garage Door Safety MonthJune 8, 2015
Maine Company Offers Tips & Warnings For Safest Practices
Maine Garage Door and Garage Opener Sales and Service Company PDQ Door is reminding homeowners that June is Garage Door Safety Month with tips and warnings for safest practices.
â€śThe garage door is the largest and heaviest moving object in your home,â€ť says David Plowman, President of PDQ Door. â€śA damaged or misused door can cause injuries or in rare cases even death.â€ť
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports more than 30,000 people are injured annually by faulty garage door systems.
â€śWe believe it is very important families must know how to use and maintain their garage doors and openers,â€ť adds Plowman.
In marking June as Garage Door Safety Month, PDQ Door is offering these â€śEight Top Tips For Safely Operating Your Garage Door.â€ť
- Children should never stand, run or play under or near garage doors. Children should never be allowed to play with a doorâ€™s operating system.
- Adults should keep remote controls and push button wall controls out of the reach of children. Wall controls should be mounted at least five feet off the floor.
- Never stand of walk under a moving garage door. Never try to enter or exit the garage by racing under a moving garage door.
- When opening or closing your garage door, keep the door in full view making certain no adults, children or animals try to enter or exit during operation.
- Keep fingers and hands away from the sections of your garage door when it is opening or closing.
- Keep your garage door and its operating unit properly maintained. Do not attempt to repair your doorâ€™s springs and cables but instead call a trained service technician.
- Should a motorist drive into or back into your garage door, consider having it inspected by a trained service technician as soon as possible.
- Every 3 months the reversing mechanism should be tested by closing the door onto a flat 2 x 4 laid on the floor in the center of the opening. The door should reverse off the piece of wood and return to the open position. At that time you should also visually inspect the hinges, rollers, pulleys and cables for signs of wear. Lubricating the hinges and rollers with a light silicone based spray lube will extend the life of your door.
About PDQ Door Company
David and Debra Plowman, along with their business partners Kerry and Heidi Fifer, started PDQ Door Company, Inc. in 1994 on Outer Hammond Street in Bangor, moving their location to Hampden four years later. PDQ Door is a statewide one-stop shop for garage doors, garage door openers, security doors, and door-related products from quality, top-name brands such as C.H.I., Liftmaster, Raynor, and Designer Doors. Specializing in installation, service and repair, PDQ Door offers a wide variety of beautiful, functional and durable garage doors related products for your home, cottage, or commercial building. PDQ Door Company now operates in six locations throughout the state of Maine including Hampden, Rockport, Bath, Waterville, Presque Isle and Houlton.
About the International Door Association (IDA)
Created in 1995 with the merger of the Door & Operator Dealer Association (est. 1968) and the Far Western Garage Door Association (est.1964), the IDA today has 5,000 members worldwide. Each year, the IDA recognizes individuals and companies who have served the association, and/or industry in an extraordinary way. In 2011 PDQ Door was recognized as the â€śDealer of the Yearâ€ť, the only New England company to ever receive that award. The IDA's primary mission is to provide programs and services to door and access systems dealers, for the express purpose of enhancing their value and professionalism.
Door Dealer of the Year Award